Commercial appliance removal is the process of safely and legally disposing of old or unwanted commercial appliances. Although you can remove these appliances yourself, disposing of them is the real deal, and professional removals can help you.
The removal process involves safely extracting and transporting these bulky items from commercial premises to designated disposal or recycling facilities. We have a team of expert removals, expertise, and equipment to handle such tasks efficiently.
Leave the Heavy Lifting to Professionals
Scrap My Appliance is a team of professionals providing hassle-free disposal of both residential and commercial appliances. With just one booking, our two-man team will arrive in our truck to collect your items from anywhere on your property.
From small microwaves to large industrial refrigerators, we have extensive experience handling all types of appliances. Rest assured, we prioritise proper, ethical, and environmentally friendly disposal methods. Say goodbye to the challenges of disposing of large appliances with us!
Why Is Proper Appliance Disposal Necessary?
- To protect the environment: Appliances often contain harmful materials like refrigerants, freons, and PCBs that can pollute the environment if not disposed of properly.
- To save energy: Replacing older appliances with newer, more energy-efficient models can save money on energy bills.
- To reduce waste: Commercial appliance removal and efficient disposal help reduce the strain on overcrowded landfills.
- To protect human health: Improper commercial appliance disposal, like microwaves containing lead, can pose health risks if not handled responsibly.
AS EASY AS 1,2,3
What Appliances Do We Collect?
Scrap My Appliance aims to collect all types of domestic, commercial, and industrial-grade appliances from all premises. We typically remove the following appliances but are not limited to only these:
- Coffee machines
- Washing machines
- DVD players
- Air conditioners
- Water heaters
- Trash compactors
- Hot tubs
- Pool pumps
- HVAC units
- Gym equipment
Call us for quote
Do We Collect Commercial Freezers?
Scrap My Appliance tackles everything, from domestic to industrial and commercial freezer removals. We can address any sort of project, no matter where your fridge is and how many you have on your premise. We can also help you with cold room panels, ODS, and non-ODS insulation panels.
How Do We Properly Dispose of Appliances?
In the UK, there are a number of legal requirements to dispose of appliances safely and securely.
The Waste (England and Wales) Regulations 2011 manages the waste and makes rules for proper disposal.
The Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Regulations 2013 focus on businesses and individuals to recycle or dispose of electrical and electronic equipment (EEE) in an environmentally friendly way.
Stringently adhering to the regulations, Scrap My Appliance undertakes the following procedure for commercial fridge disposal and other appliances:
- Collection: We schedule a pick-up date and send a team with a suitable vehicle to collect the appliances from the customer’s location.
- Transportation: Appliances are securely transported to the designated facility for further processing.
- Assessment: Appliances are assessed to determine the best disposal method, considering their condition, type, and recyclability.
- Recycling: Valuable materials like metals and plastics are extracted through disassembly and sent to recycling centres for reuse in new products.
- Hazardous Material Handling: We properly extract and handle hazardous substances in appliances like refrigerants to prevent environmental and health risks.
- Proper Disposal: The non-recyclable or irreparable appliances are disposed of responsibly, following waste management guidelines.
- Compliance and Documentation: We ensure compliance with regulations and provide documentation for responsible disposal.
Yes, apart from offering commercial refrigerator disposal services, we serve homes, industries, and businesses. We not only collect the fridges but all other appliances and dispose of them carefully.
The fridge recycling costs depend on the type, number, size, and refrigerant gas content. Contact us for an exact cost estimate and share your details with our team for an accurate collection price.
Your old fridge collector should be a waste carrier and give you a hazardous waste consignment note. This document details the fridge’s type, volume, hazardous components, transportation details, and disposal destination.
Typically, your local scrap metal yard will not take fridges from you for recycling. Fridges require specialist treatment when recycled, so they can’t be accepted at regular scrap yards.